This role reports to R&D Manager and consists in,
- Active follow up & vigilance of new regulations within the European frame, well stablished guidelines in the Personal Care area (IFRA,…),etc in order to ensure their compliance.
- Build and/or integrate to Laboratorios Maverick internal Policies potential risks in terms of substances and product safety identified through multinational scientific network, medical and dermatologic community forums,et al.
- Support definition and design the testing strategy according product characteristics and consumer target.
- Identification and coordination of new approaches in the research of new ingredients safety profile.
- Promote set of toxicology predictive tools based on recognized methods and tests, with established reliability related to specific toxicological signals such as skin irritation, eye irritation, sensitivity, etc.in order to assess safety of the cosmetic portfolio.
- Provide assessment to internal and external costumers requests-consumer affairs, Marketing, Research & Development, Consumer Insights,
- Conflict resolution and decision make on specific issues in product safety, product regulatory compliance and art works.
- Assist potential information request, discussions and negotiations with the Spanish authorities, internal and external costumers, as well as relevant cosmetic company associations such as Stanpa, Cosmed, as a spokes person for Laboratorios Maverick.
- Support Cosmetovigilance (CoVi) program.
The position involves establishing working relationship with Safety & Regulatory customers,
- internal (R&D areas, Marketing, Consumer Affairs, Procurement, Operations…)
- external (final costumer, country authorities, cosmetic associations, testing centres, university and hospital research centres, consumers…)
1. Degree in Chemistry, Pharmacology, Biology, Cosmetic Science or related fields.
2. Ph. D. or Master in Toxicology, Cosmetology, Pharmacology or related disciplines.
3. Over 8 years of industry experience in personal care /cosmetics industry, with expertise in cosmetic regulations and safety evaluation of raw material & finished products.
4. Working knowledge on R&D, S&R databases used to collect & evaluate product and consumer data as well as data analysis techniques.
5. Experience on clinical testing/interpretation of medical safety test data.
6. Working knowledge in formulation highly valuable.
7. Strong verbal and written communication.
8. Self-motivated and strong interpersonal skills.
9. Fluid English required, Spanish not compulsory but highly valuable.